Monday, December 8, 2008

(to steel miq's line)...THANKSANDGIVING....

I've been reading everyones Thanksgiving posts and thinking as I read each one that I really do need to take a few moments and reflect on those things that I'm grateful for. But I've had some personal struggles going on lately so I've avoided the task. Of course the turmoil in my little world is only exacerbated by the stresses of this time of year and there's been a couple days that I've even worried about my ability to cope (even thinking some crazy thoughts)...and then something happened that made me snap right out of my selfish mood.

I am grateful for:
  1. My health - I'm getting up in age and although my joints are sore and glasses are now permanently attached to my nose, I'm blessed with no major health problems.
  2. My kids - I love being a mom more than anything else in the world. It can be very painful, but oh so joyful.
  3. My husband - Who loves me no matter what and he treats me better than I ever imagined being treated.
  4. Grand daughters - Mia is such a blessing in our lives. I love being "nonna lisa"...and am looking forward to hearing those words out of our newest addition...little Talia.

No comments: